A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

"O GOD, WHERE ART THOU?"


Look at this picture. Differences aside, there comes a time when we will all face and feel adversity and tribulation. I call these times "storms". Being tossed in the waves of the sea, we might ask, "What have I done to deserve this?", or we might even ask the more depressed question of all, "Why has God allowed this to happen to me?" No matter the trial, we might declare, "Why me?" Let me assure you that all suffering is not punishment! I bear you my witness that God loves His children! Even you and me!

THE TRIAL AT LIBERTY JAIL

The prophet Joseph Smith, having been wrongly accused, spent 5 months in the worst environment of imprisonment one can imagine. The Prophet and his companions were imprisoned in a rough stone dungeon measuring 14 by 14 feet, with a ceiling just over 6 feet high. They suffered winter weather, hunger, sickness, and the cell they were placed in was a "hell hole" to say the least. Joseph in the gail of bitterness, exclaims, "O God, where art Thou?" A cry from a prophet of the Lord! He receives an answer that is found in modern day scripture, that is personally my favorite revelation he received.

The Lord heard and answered with LOVE.

"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." (D&C 121: 7-8)

The Lord answered and said, "MY SON!" We are the sons and daughters of God. He knows us! He is eager to answer our prayers and comfort us! Joseph received more assurance from the Lord.

"...if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" (D&C 122: 7)

I ask you what is the worth of a human soul? God Himself shows us the worth and importance of the entire human race.

" For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39)

God loves us so much, He wants us to become like Him. Think if you are a parent, would you not want your children to become and have more than you? God has all power, and is perfect. He wishes us to become as He is. I know this is true because of the spiritual witness I've received knowing there is a prophet on the earth who declares truth!

COMFORT

Watch this video and I pray you feel the tender feeling of a Parent in Heaven who cares about you more than a human being can imagine.



THE MESSAGE OF THE RESTORED GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS THAT GOOD THINGS WILL COME!! "JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE LONGER" -President Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment