A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Sunday, June 13, 2010

CHRIST'S DOCTRINE

CHRIST SAID HIS DOCTRINE IS...


I have wondered what is Christ's doctrine. The only way I know how to show you His doctrine is through His words Himself. We find these words specifically in the Book of Mormon. In 3 Nephi chapter 11 when Jesus appears to the people in the Americas, He tells them what His doctrine is.

"And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me...And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God. " (3 Nephi 11:23-24).

Jesus asks us to apply 4 basic principles.


  • Have faith in Him, and believe He will do what He has said He will do
  • Repent of all sins, and wrongs
  • Be baptized by one holding proper authority, for the remission of sins
  • Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost to be a constant companion with you throughout life. for he will visit him with fire and "with the Holy Ghost." (3 Nephi 11:35)
Jesus even was baptized! He was holy and pure. He walked 30 miles to Galilee to be baptized by John the Baptist. He set the perfect example by being baptized even when He was perfect without sin. How much more in need are we of baptism?







MY TESTIMONY

I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that peace, happiness, and salvation can come by and through Jesus Christ and His doctrine. I know that these 4 Simple Things, are just that simple. They are the first steps, not the last ones. I know that by following the Savior and live all of His commandments we will be able to return home to be with God, and Him.

I remember when I was baptized, how clean and pure I felt. I remember feeling holy because the Holy Ghost was with me. I remember feeling that I was doing something that was pleasing unto my Heavenly Father. That is all that really matters. Live how He would have us live. I bear witness that all of these principles and doctrine is found in the restored church of Jesus Christ, even the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I urge you to ponder and wonder what would Christ have you do, and then do it! I know that by doing so will bring peace, joy and salvation to you and all those who act on this great doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment