A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Sunday, June 27, 2010

HAVE I DONE ANY GOOD TODAY?

IT'S THE POWER OF LOVE


Need a hand? In life all of us will be surrounded by people who are at some point going through a hard time. Let us reach out and follow the example of the Savior. Let us lift each others burdens and make them a little lighter.

STORY OF LOVE

Let me share a story with you. Some couple of years ago my family was on vacation. I was with my mom and my sister. Our family wasn't with much to do with money at the time. Our house had lots of wear and tear on it and my mom so badly wanted to fix it up, but couldn't because of the burdens of money. We returned home and as we drove up to the house I noticed(much later than I should have) that the house was coated with fresh new paint. Everything to the garage door, the and other doors, and all the trim was done for us to enjoy. Some neighbors and other family members decided to help out as a service project while we were gone away. They loved my mom and our family and wanted to show that by their deed of helping fixing up the house. My mom was in tears and we were just awed of how much love and the hours it took to finish that project. Those individuals demonstrated love of the Savior.

HELPING HANDS


Our beloved prophet Thomas S. Monson was asked what the church members worldwide could do for him on his birthday once, and he responded, "find someone who is having a hard time, and do something for them." In life we all need a hand. We are all part of the family of God. We are His children which makes us all brothers and sisters. Let us not turn another away who is in need. Or even better let us look for opportunities to serve like President Monson prays. In the Book of Mormon there is a scripture that describes serving others, "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17) I have been blessed by helping hands in my life and most importantly I have been blessed by the love and the support of the Saviors hands. He truly has "raised me up, to more than I can be"


Watch this video of President Thomas S. Monson addressing the importance of service.



I INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE AND TALK WITH YOUR LOCAL MISSIONARIES

No comments:

Post a Comment