A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, FATHER OF MINE

THE IMPORTANCE OF ETERNAL FATHERS WHO CARE



This is a picture of my dad, Bob Lewis and his father! I looked at this picture and thought, how it is a face that fatherhood is an eternal calling. I love my dad, and I have been blessed by him being a good father and teaching me to follow Christ. He has been such a good example to me. Fathers aren't always perfect, that's why we all need Jesus Christ, so we can all be perfected and made better.
My grandpa passed away while still serving my current mission in New York. It was hard in some ways, but I know that I will see my grandfather again because of Heavenly Fathers plan for families. Following the teachings of the Savior will ensure that I be with him again. That is what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is all about: FAMILY, AND BEING TOGETHER FOREVER!

My dad has been there for me in my life! Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I see my dad with spiritual eyes as well as physical eyes. What I mean by that is, even when my dad has made mistakes, God loves him and and see's him with the potential to become better than he naturally is. We all have this same opportunity to become better, and follow Jesus Christ and be blessed by Him. I believe that is what being a real man/father is all about. Stepping up and changing to be more like Jesus Christ. My dad has been there for me when I ask advice, when I need someone to go play golf with, when I want to grab a bit to eat, or more importantly, my dad has been there for me whenever I was having a hard time and has helped me become more like Christ because of his loving example. I remember as a child my dad, and mom praying for me every night and day, that I would be watched over by Heavenly Father and taken care of by Him. I have seen that prayer answered countless times!

So here's to you dad. Here's to all the fathers in the world that have stepped up and are doing their best to change and be "A Father Indeed". Watch the inspiring story of a father who has blessed his family in many ways.



God is telling us through prophets, and apostles living today, how to better our relationships as fathers and sons, and our families in general. Check out a article that I love about just that. "Father's and Sons: A Remarkable Relationship" by M. Russell Ballard an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment