A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"WHICH HEALETH THE WOUNDED SOUL"

CHRIST CAN HEAL US

When we are dragged down, tormented by guilt, or burdened with grief Jesus Christ can heal us. Sometimes we might even feel sick because of the intense feelings within us. I testify that God has and will always shed His light on His children and give them comfort and warmth. A person that I have begun to know says this about behavior, "Most people misbehave not because they are bad, but because they are wounded in some way." This has profoundly touched me. I have a friend who has and is struggling with being an alcoholic. He has lost his job, wife, and any possessions that might give him value or worth. He is not only wounded, but the dagger is still inside.

UTILIZING THE ATONEMENT

This friend has done all he can do to help himself. With all the will power in the world it is still not enough. I have seen the tears, and the pain caused by such effects. I have thought so many times to myself, "there has to be a better way." As I have searched the word of God in the Book of Mormon I have found a scripture that has helped me access my Savior and His power and love. "And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth..and cried...O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ" (Mosiah 4:2). This humble prayer of love and realizing that no one else has the power to save you but Him who is all powerful. Whatever the circumstance is we must be firmly attached to Christ always!

THE SCRIPTURES HEAL OUR WOUNDS

As I have been wounded in ways at times, and as I've needed divine comfort and direction in my life I have turned to the scriptures for help. I love the Book of Mormon because it was written for me and all those who live at this time now. One of my favorite passages is this, "the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul" (Jacob 2:8). As I have drenched my self, the same way I would drench myself if I was taking a shower, in the scriptures I have been enlightened, comforted, and my soul has received the medicine it needed. I know that God loves you and me with an infinite love! He wants us to be happy and receive peace in life by keeping His commandments and "coming unto Him" I invite you to pick up your scripture or if you don't have them order from Mormon.org and ""receive the pleasing word of God that healeth the wounded soul." (Jacob 2:8)

I INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE AND TALK TO YOUR LOCAL MISSIONARIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment