A SITE ADDRESSING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES AND BELIEFS FOUND IN
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Saturday, July 10, 2010

DO YOU EVER FEEL ALONE?

GOD IS WITH YOU ALWAYS


This post is to all those who feel alone, misused, the broken hearted, or maybe even worse feel abandoned. My first thought is to tell you GOD IS WITH YOU! I know that's like feeding a starving child tomorrow, but it is the TRUTH!

"NONE WERE WITH HIM"

The Savior, Jesus Christ, walked the loneliest road anyone will ever walk. The miracle behind that truth is it brings endless blessings to all the human family. The Savior was alone as he agonized over the burdens of carrying out our salvation. "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me. … I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold [me]" ( Isiah 63: 3,5). On that lonely night, when his apostles were sleeping, he went off alone to endure every infirmity, sickness, trial, even every heartache, and above all every sin of all mankind. (Alma 7: 11-13). I speak softly, even reverently, but even God "bled from every pore" as he experienced how the rest of us feel and would feel when such atrocities would occur. It was required! That only a perfect sinless man who is the Divine Son of God, only He would be able to perform such an act. He did please the Father in every aspect of His life until the last moment.

THE RELIEF FROM BURDEN

Because Christ was triumphant we can be relieved of the heavy burdens that are placed upon us at times. "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions" (Mosiah 24:14).

There was a specific instance in my life where I might have felt the most alone, broken, and lost. This period of my life I do not talk about often, but I feel it necessary to share the effects I have seen from giving my all to God, and trusting Him. I was dating a girl for nearly 4 years, and it ended badly. The situation, the girl, and more changed very quickly for the worse. It's fair to say it was as if someone died! I was sick, and heavy laden, and I did the only thing I knew how to do to get help. I turned to God! I am reminded of the scripture "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). That scripture doesn't say "come unto me, and I will make it easier" it says "I will give you rest!" I know that is true! I have seen the freedom, and the breath of fresh air that has sunk deep into my soul. I know that God loves me and you! I pray that all of us when we feel alone, will turn to the all powerful God who loves us and who will give us rest.


Watch this video of an apostle testifying of the Saviors journey alone. He relates it to you and me.



I INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE AND TALK TO YOUR LOCAL MISSIONARIES!

1 comment: